|Paradox Spay/Neuter Clinic|
|Introduction Prices Appointment Hours/Directions Instructions Tour Staff Adoptions Subscribe Contacts|
APPOINTMENT IS REQUIRED!
We will contact you with drop-off and pick-up times. We provide same day service and also offer next day pickup for an additional charge.
PLEASE HAVE YOUR ADMISSION SHEET FILLED OUT IN ADVANCE AND PLEASE FOLLOW THE PRE-OP INSTRUCTIONS
Dog Admission.pdf Cat Admission.pdf Download PDF Reader
Kittens under 6 months - Need food and water the night before surgery, and the morning of surgery if they want it.
Adult Cats over 6 months - Give food before midnight - No food past midnight. Water is OK the morning of the surgery.
Bring one old towel for each cat (we wrap them up after surgery)
All cats must be in carrier or trap or we will not accept them
Puppies - Need food and water the night before surgery, and the morning of surgery if they want it.
** Also we highly recommend that puppies have two DHPP vaccinations before coming in.
Adult Dogs under 10 lbs - Need food and water the night before surgery. Water is OK the morning of the surgery.
Adult Dogs over 10 lbs and over 6 months - Give food before midnight - No food past midnight. Water is OK the morning of the surgery.
Please have dogs on leashes or in crates
We highly recommend puppies have 2 DHPP shots prior to surgery day
If your dog is over 7 years old we require an exam and current bloodwork. This is to be sure anethesia is safe for your dog. You may provide us the documentation from your current vet, or arrange for us to do it in advance. You must call 770-787-8717 to schedule this and get the cost.
1. Only give CLEAR liquids for 24 hrs after surgery, unless your animal is 6 months of age and younger. They need to eat the night of surgery. If your pet will not eat try giving him/her table syrup.
2. Suture Removal: Dogs - sutures need to be removed 10 days after surgery date. You can do this yourself with a small pair of clippers. If you have problems you may call to schedule a time to bring your pet in at no charge. Please keep sutures DRY. If you notice your pet licking or pulling at his sutures, a restraint collar will be required to prevent infection. These can be bought at any pet store. We generally use glue on cats so there is NO suture removal required!
3. DO NOT give your animal Tylenol or any over the counter pain relief. These can be toxic to your pet. We will provide pain medication.
4. Restrict jumping and extensive amounts of exercise for 10 days.
5. If your pet was IN-HEAT when spayed KEEP AWAY FROM ALL MALE ANIMALS FOR 10 DAYS!! To prevent accidental breeding which could cause internal bleeding and even death.
6. Notify the clinic if any of the following occur:
Vomiting after 24 hrs
Refusal to eat after 48 hrs
Any evidence of significant bleeding from incision
Continuous licking or pulling at sutures
Emergency contact phone numbers will be provided.